Monday, November 18, 2013

This is Autism! (Autism Mama)

Written  By Autism Mama


Last Monday, Autism Speaks told the world that autism is:
. . . living in despair
. . . fear of the future
. . .exhausted, broken parents
. . . lost, helpless, burdensome children
. . .  a national emergency

Well, I say that parenting any kind of child is exhausting; autism does not hold the patent on that!  I decided that the easiest way for me to show you what autism is like in our family would be to show a sampling of my Facebook statuses for 2013.  So grab some popcorn, something yummy to drink and enjoy the life that is autism… as told in snapshot moments.  (And before you start writing me letters of outrage because of my drug and alcohol references, please know that we parent with a great deal of humor.  It’s our coping mechanism.  Not drugs.  Can you imagine trying to parent while high?  Puhlease!)
Continue reading: at Project: Dear Autism Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment