Monday, November 18, 2013

Autism is (by R. D.)

Written by R. D.

Autism is.... being rocked to sleep in a hammock in the woods with the soothing sounds of my son’s joyful noise.... our contentment… learning to listen with my eyes and not just my ears, he tells me what I need to know... my teacher… trying to control every moment of the day and upon the realization that it can't be done, falling into the arms of Jesus and inviting him to reign in my heart.... my salvation… learning how to let go, even to the point of sending your most vulnerable child to the mission field of an ICF... my son’s purpose… seeing the spirit of joy move across the faces of a crowd at the sight of my son’s smile, the kind with smiling eyes... my son’s gifts… watching people want to touch and love on my son as much as he wants to love and touch them… my joy… learning how to love with a pure heart fervently… learning what fearfully and wonderfully made really means… not heartbreaking but heartwarming, like the early spring sunshine… waiting for the first green of spring and the hope of fruit.  This is Autism.


my salvation… learning how to let go, even to the point of sending your most vulnerable child to the mission field of an ICF... Dar’s purpose… seeing the spirit of joy move across the faces of a crowd at the sight of Dar's smile, the kind with smiling Irish (actually Japanese) eyes... Dar’s gifts… watching people want to touch and love on Dar as much as he wants to love and touch them… my joy… learning how to love with a pure heart fervently… learning what fearfully and wonderfully made really means… not heartbreaking but heartwarming, like the early spring sunshine… waiting for the first green of spring and the hope of fruit. This is Autism... my salvation… learning how to let go, even to the point of sending your most vulnerable child to the mission field of an ICF... Dar’s purpose… seeing the spirit of joy move across the faces of a crowd at the sight of Dar's smile, the kind with smiling Irish (actually Japanese) eyes... Dar’s gifts… watching people want to touch and love on Dar as much as he wants to love and touch them… my joy… learning how to love with a pure heart fervently… learning what fearfully and wonderfully made really means… not heartbreaking but heartwarming, like the early spring sunshine… waiting for the first green of spring and the hope of fruit. This is Autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment