Monday, November 18, 2013

As the Mother of a Child with Asperger's (music video)

Created by Amanda Moresco 



As the Mother of a Child with Asperger's (Dear Joe Scarborough)... from amanda moresco on Vimeo.

The lyrics of the song:.

As the mother of a child with Asperger's..."

The way I feel right now
I got a lot of things I can’t count on
When I’m looking at my baby and he’s nowhere to be found
And the world goes spinnin'
Round and round…
The way I feel right now
I see a lot of evil can’t be changed
I see a lot of egos can’t be tamed
I see me runnin' toward my baby
And he’s runnin'
The other way…
I know you’re scared
I know you’re angry
I know you just can’t face what you fear 'bout reality
I know some days seem too big to be carried…
And then my baby stares up at the sunlight shining
And says: "Mama, I see those angels dancing…"
He says: "Mama, do you see those angels dancing?"
And I see... 
The light of an exquisite mind.
The way I feel right now
I got a lot of wishes I can’t make go away
And I’m dreaming 'bout my baby
And a day when he’ll be “okay”…
And he’s sitting in that corner while the other children play…
And the world’s spinnin’ faster every day…
I know you’re scared
I know you’re angry
I know you just can’t face what you fear 'bout reality
I know some days seem just too big to be carried…
And then my baby’s blue eyes light up the winter sky
And he touches my face but looks out at the world go by
And he says: "Mama I see those snowflakes laughing."
He says: "Mama I see those snowflakes laughing."
And man I see those snowflakes…
Man I see those snowflakes!
And the way I feel right now
With the light of this exquisite mind lightin' up my inside
That’s when I think that sometimes ...
That's when I think that sometimes...
Oh my baby I wish I was a little more like you...
Oh my baby, I'd like to be a little bit more like you...

No comments:

Post a Comment